The Travels of Frank Consola
Photographer: Gary Firstenberg
Frank Consola gets around, never missing an opportunity to experience a jazz festival, meet a living legend, or visit the historic monuments to the genre.
- Where to next?
- Golden Gate Bridge
- Art in the streets of North Beach San Fransisco. Can you hear me now?
- Twin Peaks, CA, with San Francisco in the background
- Visiting Graceland, the home of The King of Rock and Roll
- Deep in the Delta, at the gravesite of blues giant Sonny Boy Williamson
- ”The Fab FIVE” at the Rock and Roll McDonald’s in Chicago
- Frank’s never late for a ”must see” concert.
- In Las Vegas, it just appears real!
- Home of Chess Records in Chicago
- Nope, can’t play a note!
- Fats Dominoe’s Ninth Ward home before Hurricane Katrina
- Frank’s first visit to the New Orleans Jazz Fest
- New Orleans master of the trombone, Benny Powell.